Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management for Public Sector - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating two or more concurrent CLM modifications to a single Award, the first modification where a line item is edited locks this line item from being edited by any other user. This is the desired capability for all fields EXCEPT the pricing fields. The pricing elements (on quantity or amount based lines) should remain editable and unlocked. These fields track and store change amounts (delta values) and therefore should still be editable on any of the concurrent modifications in process at the same time. When one of the modifications is fully approved and conformed, the changed amounts (delta values) should be applied to the conformed record without jeopardizing the change values on the in-process modifications. By synchronizing changes from the approved modification, the From and To amounts will logically be updated, but the delta value for that modification should be unaltered and still valid.
Using a CLM Purchasing responsibility that has access to a CLM document style with "concurrent modifications" enabled:
1. Start with an Approved CLM Award with one amount based line and one Quantity based line.
2. Create a new modification from that Award (Draft Mod A).
3. Navigate to the Lines tab of the modification.
4. Update the Quantity based line item. Increase the Qty by some amount (like 5).
5. The lock icon displays on the Qty based line item on the Line Summary page.
6. Save the draft modification.
7. Create a second draft modification (Draft Mod B) on the SAME CLM Award.
8. Respond Yes that you do want to create a new modification and not open the current modification.
9. Navigate to the lines tab of the draft modification.
10. Attempt to update the same line that was updated in Draft Mod A.
11. Receive message that this line is locked for editing.
12. Repeat the same for Amount based line across two draft modifications.
The lock is desired for all line item fields that do not have a changed by value (delta value) on the modification. But for the pricing fields, schedule quantity and amount fields at the distribution level, these fields should be editable on both (any) open modification.
This is required functionality to make administration of major weapons systems and other complex procurements work for the potential DoD customers (Army, Navy, 4th Estate ODAs, Air Force). This was required to be shown in the ACWS Orals demonstration and we had to work around it. It will likely be a required feature to demonstrate in the Navy Orals demonstration as well.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms