OMD Mod Edit Shipment Fails When A Declared Value is Set on the Order Release Line with Error "Unable to update DOMAIN.ID to the database. Either the record has been removed by another user or you do not have rights to edit it"
Last updated on JANUARY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.1 to 6.4.3 [Release 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An order is created by sending a Release XML inbound to OTM (one to one configuration). A declared value amount is set on the order release lines. The order is then planned onto a shipment. A second Release XML is sent to delete a line and ship unit with transaction code RC. The order is modified successfully. The ORDER RELEASE - MODIFY agent is active and is triggered by this integration. The agent action ORDER RELEASE - MOD - EDIT SHIPMENT fails with the following exception seen in the logs:
It is expected that the the ORDER RELEASE- MODIFY agent updates the resulting shipment through the ORDER RELEASE - MOD - EDIT SHIPMENT action successfully with no errors.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Upload an order xml to create the order
2. Input a declared value amount on the order release lines.
3. Plan the created order onto a shipment
3. Upload an order xml to modify the existing order by deleting a ship unit / line.
4. The ORDER RELEASE - MOD - EDIT SHIPMENT action fails with the above specified exception and the respective shipment is not modified.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms