R12.1: Wrong Encumbrance Reservation For Purchase Requisition Line Modified By Buyer
(Doc ID 2215010.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an encumbrance enabled instance, when a returned purchase requisition (PR) that contains PR line modified by buyer is reserved, system is doing reservation also for modified by buyer requisition line.
Expectation is that once the PR line is modified by the buyer not be taken anymore is consideration for the reservation of the PR when this is returned.
Steps to reproduce
1. Go to IProcurement responsibility > Create and submit for approval a NonCatalog requisition with one line with Amount=xx.
2. Go to Purchasing Responsibility and run 'Transfer journal entries to GL' program. Encumbrance correct created for Amount=xx.
3. Go to Buyer Work Center (BWC) > Requisitions > Select requisition created in step 1 > Press on 'Replace with item from catalog' icon/functionality.
4. Select other item from the store.
5. Run 'Transfer journal entries to GL' program. Encumbrance correct created: Amount=xx is reversed (Credit) and Amount=yy is reserved (Debit).
6. Go to BWC > Requisitions > search for PR created in step 1 > Select the PR > Press on 'Return' button > PR is return back to preparer.
7. Run 'Transfer journal entries to GL' program. Encumbrance correct created: Amount=yy is reversed (Credit).
8. Go to IProcurement responsibility > Requisitions > Search for PR created in Step 1 > Press on 'Change' > Submit and Approve the PR.
9. Run 'Transfer journal entries to GL' program. Encumbrance is reserved for both the lines of PR which is wrong.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document