FRM-40212 Error Received When Updating Job for a Union Employee
(Doc ID 2215821.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to change the job for a union employee, the following error occurs:
FRM-40212: Invalid value for field GRADE_NAME
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Query union employee; navigate to Assignment screen.
2. Update Job.
3. Grade automatically populates, but error occurs.
1. Navigate Home page, Manager Self-Service HR
2. Select Promotion
3. Click Action icon
4. Select Effective Date = 04 Nov 2016; Click Continue
5. Clear Job field.
6. Clear Position field.
7. Clear Grade Name field.
8. Select Position = < position_name >
NOTICE: Grade Name remains blank.
9. Click Next
The grade is not within the grade ladder.
This issue does not occur for non-union employees.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document