R12: Wrong Account for Unbilled Receivables/Unearned Revenue After Revenue Reversal Due to Change of Project Organization
(Doc ID 2216041.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Project Billing - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Project Organization, Draft Revenue, Reversal, Recalculate, Unbilled Receivables, Unearned Revenue
- After a change of Project Organization, expenditures items were marked for Recalculation.
- Reversal revenues, as well as new draft revenues were generated and Create Accounting process has been submitted for them.
- The Unbilled Receivables/Unearned Revenue accounts generated for reversal Draft Revenue have incorrect segment value for new Project organization, instead of old organization.
- The new draft revenues generated have the correct accounts reflecting the new organization; only the reversal revenues show wrong account pointing to the new organization.
- It is expected that Unbilled Receivables account remains the same as that of the original draft revenue when the reversal is generated for the old organization.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Generate Revenue for a project with project organization A.
2. Submit PRC: Create Accounting which will generate accounts for Expenditure Revenue and Unbilled Receivables for the correct organization A (Billing > Revenue Review > Tools > View Accounting)
3. Change Project and Task Organization to organization B.
4. Go to Expenditure Inquiry, select the expenditure item based on which revenue was generated, click Tools > Recalculate Revenue.
5. Submit PRC: Generate Draft Revenues for a Single Project. This lead to reversal of the Draft Revenue and new Revenue generated for the new organization.
6. Submit again PRC: Create Accounting process for the new revenue events.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document