MES - WIP Completion Transaction Possible When Assembly Pull Component Has Zero On Hand
(Doc ID 2217532.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle MES for Discrete Manufacturing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to complete an assembly which has no component inventory available, the assembly transactions completes and the following error occurs.
"There are not enough serial numbers available for component NNNNNNN to complete this transaction"
But, the transaction still completes! Since there are no components, the transaction should not complete
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
Navigation = Discrete-> Discrete
2. Create an Org/Job where the assembly is a "Predefined" Serial Controlled Assembly
3. There is one serially controlled component in the assembly that has zero on-hand inventory
4. Responsibility = MES Workstation
Navigation = Query job for the assembly described above
choose a serial number, Action is move to complete
5 First, the error appears when screen opens: "There are not enough serial numbers available for component NNNNNNN to complete this transaction" [This message is correct]
6. Hit "Apply" and the assembly will complete to inventory. No serially controlled component is backflushed to the work order because there are none of the on-hand
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document