OPM Actual Costing Considers Charge Estimated Amount When Actual (billed) Amount Is Available
(Doc ID 2225709.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Financials - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Other Financial Issues
OPM Actual Costing considers charge estimated amount when actual (billed) amount is available
Testing the Acquisition Costs functionality in R12.1.3 RPC2 using freight/charge modifiers and freight bills, we found that OPM Costing engine, using a monthly PMAC, consider estimated amount calculated by modifier when the actual amount included in the freight bill matched against receipt of material is available.
Even when, Actual Billed amount is present.. system is considering the Estimated cost only..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create Cost Factor assigning a component class and analysis code
2) Create Modifier as Freight and Special Charges to estimate charges using cost factor previously created
3) Create and Approve a PO
4) Receive the PO for the item included in the Modifier.
5) Run Actual Cost and Verify that estimated charges are included in product cost.
6) Create an invoice for freight/charge and match against the receipt of the material.
7) Run Actual Cost and Verify that still estimated charges are included in product cost instead of actual amounts.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot understand the logic of why Estimated Amounts are considered , even when Actual Billed Amounts are available
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!