Why Does the Unpicked Delivery Detail Remain as Ready to Release, When a Reserved Line is Partially Pick Released?
(Doc ID 2227643.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer does the following:
1. Book an order for a configurable item with many components, for quantity of 10
2. Create a new job in WIP, reserve the WIP job against the sales order
3. Create the configuration. Line 1.1..0 is added to the sales order. It becomes the only shippable line
4. In Inventory, create a reservation for all components on this order, and assign serial numbers to each of the shippable items
5. In WIP, complete the job
6. In Inventory, go to the reservations screen to confirm the reservation, and to see that 10 serial numbers have been assigned
7. Only transfer quantity of 3 to the Picking Subinventory
8 There are now TWO reservations: one reservation for the picking subinventory (quantity of 3), one reservation for the job subinventory (quantity of 7)
9. In the Shipping transactions form, find the sales order. There is only one delivery detail for full quantity of 10. No delivery has been assigned
10. Use actions->autocreate delivery to assign a delivery to this order line
11. Pick release the order. In the Inventory tab, specify the picking subinventory as the pick from subinventory. Remember there is only quantity of 3 in this subinventory
12. Pick release completes successfully
13. Now go to the Shipping Transactions form, see the following:
a. Quantity of 3 on one delivery detail is Released to Warehouse
b. Quantity of 7 on second detail is ready to release
c. Both delivery details have the same delivery
Why is the second detail of 7 not backordered? Why is it still assigned to the same delivery?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document