Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to do a wip completion return transaction,the following error occurs.
invalid serial number
Steps to Reproduce
1. Perform WIP Completion for JOB1 for assembly 'Assembly1' with the serial number.
2. Onhand of the 'Assembly1' got increased and 'Serial1' got introduced in warehouse
3. Perform WIP Completion for 'Job2', for 'Assembly2' ( which has Assembly1 as sub component and is also Serial Controlled).
4. Now 'Assembly1' (with Serial1) will get issued out as Wip Issue and onhand for 'Assembly2' and serial number associated with it 'Serial2' will get increased in inventory
5. Now Perform Wip Completion Return for 'Job2'. By doing this 'Assembly2' and 'Serial2' will again go out of Inventory and 'Assembly1' and 'Serial1' will re introduced in inventory
6. 'Assembly1' and 'Serial1' were originally related to 'job1'. And now as both the available in inventory, still when user will try to perform WIP Completion Return for 'job1' they wont find the serial number in LOV
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms