Unable to Update Instance Number Using Mtl_eam_asset_num_interface
(Doc ID 2230670.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update the asset master to change the field instance_number, the following error occurs.
It seems that it is not allowing to mass import instance_numbers that are different from the serial_number. However, it's possible to do this manually from within forms but this does not work via the interface table.
Asset update failed with return status: U and message: FND
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Insert record into interface table making “new” number the instance number.
2. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management.
3. Go to Asset Numbers form.
4. Query the imported asset number but no records found.
5. When done running the following error is now in the interface error and the update did not occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document