Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An order release is created through integration with an order configuration of AUTO_CALC. The XML sent inbound to create the order release only contains the order line data and no ship unit data. The ship units are created using the 'Generate Ship Units' action on the order. The issue arises when attempting to run the 'Generate Ship Units' a subsequent time on the order release as the ship unit records are not updated. The existing ship units remain on the order.
The same action when executed for an order that is created manually through the UI, deletes the existing ship units and re-creates them in accordance to the AUTO_CALC configuration.
It is expected that the 'Generate Ship Units' action will delete the existing ship units and re-create them in accordance to the AUTO_CALC configuration. The OTM help states the following:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create an order release by sending an inbound transmission to OTM containing a Release transaction.
2. Navigate to Order Management -> Order Release and search for the order.
3. Click Actions -> Order Management -> Change Order -> Generate Ship Units
4. Edit the order and navigate to the ship units tab. Take note of the ship unit IDs that have been generated for the ship units on this order.
5. Search for the order again and click Actions -> Order Management -> Change Order -> Generate Ship Units a second time
6. After you receive confirmation that the action executed successfully, edit the order and navigate to the ship unit tab. The same ship unit IDs will be displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms