Copy Instance Creates Warranty even when Checkbox is Unchecked
(Doc ID 2240697.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copying an item instance without a warranty, the copied item instance
will automatically have a warranty associated, even if the "Create contracts" checkbox is unchecked.
Expect to be able to select whether to create to not warranty when copying item instance, just like in case of create item instance, where "Create Warranty" checkbox is available
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Oracle Installed Base User responsibility > Oracle Installed Base
2. Create Item Instance page , enter item and all mandatory data
3. Uncheck Create Warranty flag
5. Instance created > no contracts are created
6. Queried this instance and clicked on Copy Item Instance > there is no Create Warranty checkbox
7. Pressed Save > instance created
8. On Contracts tab, can see contract associated.- since at create instance user has the option to create or not contracts, same option should be available at copy instance
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document