FCE Rule - An Instantiable Component ir Referenced Model Cannot Also Use Another Participant
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Configurator Developer - Version 12.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.4 version, Rules
The Fusion Configurator Engine (FCE) does not allow more than one node from the child referenced model in rule text when writing rule on parent model. In this case, the child model is “Required Single Instance” and it is not expected that the FCE will fail for the rules written on Required Single Instance.
Warning (1): A contribution expression that uses a participant which is under an instantiable Component or referenced Model cannot also use another participant. Rule "'Copy (5) of Infinity 090 Door(82 133298) Rules'/'contribute qty to GP option'" in the Model "Copy (5) of Infinity 090 Door(82 133298)" ignored.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Oracle Configurator Responsibility,
2) Oracle Configurator Developer,
3) Configurator Developer,
4) You are in the Repository so search for the model you wish to test,
5) Once you find the model, edit the model by clicking on the pencil icon,
6) Scroll down and click on the Generate Logic button,
7) Error message is generated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms