R12: PAXPREPR: Contract Project Template Gives 'A project manager has not been assigned to this project for the time..' when No Key Member is Passed in Quick Entry.
Last updated on APRIL 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Foundation - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating a template where a key member is not required in the quick entry, the project is in active status (Approved) and the template has an end date, the following error is received:
'A project manager has not been assigned to this project for the time of '01-JAN-2015 to '31-DEC-2050'
If you remove the end date and make NO other changes, the template will successfully save without error.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Project Costing Super User
2. Setup | Project | Project Templates
3. Created a template where key member was NOT required in the quick entry.
4. Add both start AND END date in both Trans Date and Template Date...added end date 31-DEC-2050
5. Delete the PM if one exists and receive 'A project manager has not been assigned to this project for the time of '01-JAN-2015 to '31-DEC-2050' or just pull up the key member form and try closing it.
5. Remove the end dates and the error no longer occurs...you can successfully save the template.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms