Repair Order Search Form Not Filtering By Operating Unit
(Doc ID 2246746.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Repair Order Management
The Find Repair Orders form doesn't filter by operating unit when perform a search using RMA number.
If there are two RMA with the same number (but different header_ID, each one corresponding to a different org), the form will use the first one to search for the linked repair order.
As a result of that, a user from a certain organization could end up retrieving the Repair Order from a different organization.
The Find Repair Order form should filter by organization or, at least, show the organization that correspond to each repair order retrieved for the same RMA number.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. There is RMA 123 (with header_id 123) created under America OU that is linked to a corresponding SR#111 and RO#222
2. There is also RMA 123 (with header_id 999) created under a different OU, like Europe OU, that is also linked to a corresponding SR#444 and RO#555 (which are different than the ones linked to the Americas RMA)
3. A user for America OU performs a search using RMA 123. The form retrieves the corresponding RO#222 which is correct.
4. Another user for Europe OU perform a similar search using RMA 123. The form retrieves RO#222 which is incorrect. It should have retrieved RO#555
5. In the Find Repair Order form, in the RMA/SO field, when open the LOV and search for 123% we can see that the retrieved records correspond with the sales orders under both organizations, not just the one that the user is using.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document