OM Table Being Locked On Sales Order Form (OEXOEORD) Causing Blocking Sessions Even When No Changes Were Made To Data
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Transaction Entry
When we open Sales Order/Order organizer form, find order, open it and click in "shipping instructions"
or any other field in headers using "Edit field..." button, in Editor do not change anything/just checking
data in it and click "Cancel" button, that closes the window.
It appears the system thinks the users made changes and locks the Order. So until the user closes
the order or click "Save" button (it says that "No changes to save") it doesn't release lock.
Currently have business processes that are updating the order and when situation like this is happens
it causes blocking session that cannot be released in any way other than by killing this session.
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Order Organizer > Query Order > FIND
3. Click on Shipping Instructions or any other field in the header using "Edit Field Button
4. Observe: While in Editor users do not make any changes, just reviewing data.
5. Click Cancel and the window closes,
6. Until the user closes the order form or clicks on SAVE button it will not release the lock.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms