Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA) Is Overriding Values From Purchase Requisition
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version
Issue 1: The Contract Purchase agreement (CPA) is overriding the purchase requisition on the following fields:
Supplier Site, Payment Terms, Freight, Carrier,FOB
If the buyer changes any of these fields on the purchase order back to what was on the purchase requisition,
it will dis-associate the CPA from the purchase order. The system is assuming the order is no longer part of the agreement due to the changes.
Issue 2: Requisitions(PR) that associate with a CPA are automatically assigning to the buyer name on the CPA. We need the PR buyer field to remain unassigned.
Have following Operating units (OU)
- OU = US A , site = HOUSTON
- OU = US B , site = HOUSTON
- OU = US C, site = HOUSTON
Issue 1: Expect if the fields ( Supplier Site, Payment Terms, Freight, Carrier,FOB) are changed,
we want the purchase requisition to override the CPA for these fields.
We are not concerned with making the purchase order match the agreement, our primary goal is to capture the spend.
We want the CPA to be referenced on the purchase order no matter what the entity, supplier site, payment terms, etc are.
This is critical for this ITR to be of any use for SCM
Issue 2: Expect Requisitions that associate with a CPA to have buyer be from the requisition and not from the CPA
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Contract Purchase Agreement (example CT-6360), supplier ABC, Site : Houston
Global, OU: US A
X Enable all Sites
2. Enable Organizations ( 3 requisitioning orgs(A,B,C) for 3 purchasing orgs(A,B,C), for 3 purchasing sites All Houston)
3. Create requisition In Requesting Org US B
4. Auto create and select supplier site: Dallas
5. New PO is created with site: Houston, in OU: US B
NeW PO overrides the requisition values and makes the PO match the CPA. Notice the site now reads HOUSTON
Contract number is listed on the line
6. Change the Standard Purchase Order header site to Dallas and find the Contact number is removed from the line.
This is not wanted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms