Last updated on APRIL 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Recurring journals do not complete for Future periods, where the ledger is Average Daily Balance (ADB) enabled and having a transaction calendar, and not a consolidation ledger.
It works for Opened periods fine.
The error in the log is incorrect, showing:
>> glpeff() 07-OCT-2015 08:40:34
Effective date rule is : R
SHRD0193: Period FEB-2014 is not open or future enterable.
glpeff - ORA-1403: no data found
<x glpeff() 07-OCT-2015 08:40:34
main - ORA-1403: no data found
SHRD0005: Error executing SQL statement
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a calendar - fiscal or non fiscal
2. Create transaction calendar (tested with business+non business days and also with all days business days)
3. Create a new ledger having the above calendar and transaction calendar attached, ADB enabled
4. Create recurring journal with Enter operator only
5. Run the submission for Open periods - this works
6. Run the submission for Future periods - this fails
7. Open periods that were having F status in step6 above - note the journals get created fine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms