Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are utilizing the new feature introduced for Service Billing in R12.2.2 wherein while creating the Sales Order line we have selected the Service Billing Option as 'Full Billing from Service Contracts' which means we want to bill the customer from Service Contract and not from Order Management modules. Once the Sales Order line is closed, there is no AR invoice created for the service line which is correct. But when we go to the Service Contract and open the Billing Schedule the Billed field is showing that the complete amount has been billed which is not correct. It should not have been billed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a service order with items with Service Billing Option = Full Billing from Service Contracts
Responsibility: Order Management Super User (or equivalent)
Navigate to: Orders, Returns > Sales Orders
2. Book the sales order
3. Pick Release order
4. Go to shipping transactions form
5. Ship confirm this order
6. Run workflow background process for entity = OM Order Line
7. Run Service Contracts Order Processing Program
8. Submit request for this sales order in reprocessing form.
9. Check the contract created.
10 You can find the billing for the contract,which should not happen
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms