During Supplier User Creation, An Error Occurs When the Email Address Contains An Apostophe Or If The Email Address Format email@example.com Has A Domain Greater Than Four Characters In Length
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal, Oracle Purchasing and Oracle Payables, Release 12.1.3 and 12.2.4, an error occurs when attempting to create a new supplier user (supplier contact) which has an Email Address of format "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Due to this issue, users cannot create the supplier users with the desired email format.
The page accepts the "email@example.com" format of email address, while the business does have some suppliers who have email address format of "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Please enter an Email Address that has the correct format (email@example.com).\\n If you wish to enter multiple email addresses, separate them with comma (,) or semicolon(;).
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications.
2. Using a Purchasing responsibility, Payables responsibility, or Supplier Management Administrator responsibility, query the existing supplier and click the Update icon.
3. On the Update Supplier - Quick Update page, click the Contact Directory link.
4. On the Update Supplier - Contact Directory page, click the Create button to create a new supplier contact.
5. On the Add Contact page, enter the required supplier contact information
- User details, including email address in format "firstname.lastname@example.org" (example: email@example.com)
- Enable the checkbox "Create User Account for this Contact"
- Provide the supplier user's login name (same as email address)
- Add the desired responsibilities for the new supplier user.
6. Click the Apply button to save the new supplier user. The error message occurs at this point.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms