Last updated on APRIL 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Mobile Receiving
Whenever an internal shipment has duplicate shipment lines on same delivery, users cannot receive properly
The mobile, MSCA, only ask for shipment number, item and line number. If all are values are not unique to the shipment and serial numbers are involved, users cannot receive without causing data corruption.
Marked serials were fixed with the standard data fix however it was still possible to deliver 3 serials across three different shipment lines with only the first serial being put into inventory correctly. The others were corrupted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Find internal order with serialized items, that has multiple quantities
2. Take one of the serial controlled items and split the line so that the item appears more than once against the same source line
3. Release the order, assign (pick) serials and ship it to destination organization.
4. Find the Move Order
5. Allocate serials across lines that are duplicated and denote which serials are on each line. This will add in creating the data corruption since delivery of serials across both lines cause this issue
6. The shipment is staged and ready to ship confirm
7. Ship confirm is successful
8. Perform standard receipt into receiving org using the Desktop
9. Perform the Delivery step using MSCA, insuring that the serials are mixed across the different move order detail lines
10. Scan from first delivery line, then second, i.e. trying to deliver two serials from two different delivery detail records (although the item is the same and the source sales order line is the same) will cause the corruption
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot receive split line serial numbers
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms