User Information Missing When Supplier User Cancels ASN - LAST_UPDATED_BY Column Value Is 1
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal and Oracle Inventory (Receiving), Release 12.2.4 and later:
An ASN is cancelled using the View/Cancel Advance Shipment and Billing Notices page in iSuppler Portal. After cancelling, the Receiving Transaction Processor is run. While the cancellation transaction is successfully completed, the LAST_UPDATED_BY column in the RCV_SHIPMENT_LINES table is having value "1" ((“AUTOINSTALL”), and so the name of person who cancelled the ASN cannot be found.
Note this works as expected if the ASN is cancelled via the Manage Shipment form (Receiving>Manage Shipments).
It is expected that the LAST_UPDATED_BY value will be the supplier user who canceled the ASN.
When the ASN is initially created by the supplier user, the transaction is stored with LAST_UPDATED_BY of the supplier user's user_id, and the same behavior is expected when the supplier user cancels the ASN via iSupplier Portal.
Due to this issue, it is difficult to identify who cancelled the ASN. If there are questions, about why it was cancelled, it is difficult to get the needed information.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In iSupplier Portal, cancel the ASN
a. Supplier user logs in, using iSupplier Portal Full Access responsibility
b. Navigation: Shipments > Shipment Notices subtab > View/Cancel Advance Shipment Notice
c. Select the appropriate view (example: Last 25 Shipment Notices), then select the desired ASN and click the Cancel Shipment Notice button. Complete the cancellation of the ASN.
d. The supplier user then receives the following confirmation:
ASN Cancel Confirmation
Your request to cancel Advance Shipment Notice XXXXXXXXXXX has been submitted. A notification will be sent to the buyer(s) informing them of the cancellation.
2. At this point, check the LAST_UPDATED_BY on RCV_SHIPMENT_LINES table. It contains the correct user_id value.
- SHIPMENT_LINE_STATUS_CODE = EXPECTED
- LAST_UPDATED_BY = (user id of the user who last updated the receipt/shipment)
However, the RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE table contains the new row for the Cancel ASN transaction, and LAST_UPDATED_BY = 1.
3. The Receiving Transaction Processor concurrent program is submitted to process the ASN transaction.
4. At this point, check the LAST_UPDATED_BY on RCV_SHIPMENT_LINES table. It contains the value "1" (for Auto Install) instead of the user_id who submitted the Receiving Transaction Processor process.
- SHIPMENT_LINE_STATUS_CODE = CANCELLED
- LAST_UPDATED_BY = 1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms