Last updated on APRIL 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding a new line to a Standard Purchase Order linked to a BPA (Blanket Purchase Agreement) the amount of the PO line is immediately added (summed up) to the total of the amount released for the BPA (before approval of the PO). Compared to this, when adding a new PO line to a Standard Purchase Order linked to a CPA (Contract Purchase Agreement) the amount of the PO line is NOT added (summed up) to the total of the amount released for the CPA.
So there is an important difference between calculating the amount released for CPA’s and BPA’s. In my opinion incomplete lines should be taken into account for both types of Purchasing documents. Functionality should be the same, or else this creates much confusion among users (as it already does)
1. Login to the E-Business Suite and choose the Purchasing Module.
2. Use existing CPA
3. Create PO tied to CPA - quantity 50 - price 1 - Save but do not Approve
4. Check CPA - Released amount still zero
5. Approve PO
6. Check CPA - Released amount now shows 50
7. Walk through same steps, but tie PO to BPA, and Released amount increases upon Save. Does not wait for Approval
Due to this issue, users are confused with different functionality
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms