Last updated on MAY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When making initial Flexible Spending Account (FSA) enrollments during Open, the annual rate is not rounding in the first deduction of the new year.
Expect the first deduction in the year to adjust for total annual contribution.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to responsibility US Super HRMS Manager.
2. Navigate to People > Benefits Service Center and query an employee.
3. Process an Open life event for 2017.
4. Access the enrollment form and select Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan for annual value of $500.
5. Navigate to People > Enter & Maintain and query the same employee.
6. Click the Assignment button > Entries button.
See that the element is not adjusting for the difference in calculated per pay period amount.
For example on a Bi-Weekly payroll:
500/26 = 19.23076923076923
rounded 19.23 X 26 = 499.98
which means in order to equal $500 for the year, the first payroll deduction should adjust to 19.25.
However, this does not occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms