Service Contracts Main Billing Bills Initial Counter Readings for Usage Contracts
(Doc ID 226037.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Service Contracts Main Billing program is incorrectly billing for both the initial counter reading and the first actual counter reading.
1. Go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Launch Contracts >Tools > New
2. Select to create a new Service Agreement.
3. Enter Minimal Header information.
4. Go to Lines tab.
5. Select Usage type and a Usage item.
6. Go Effectivities tab > Usage Type, select Actual by Quantity.
7. Go to Pricing/Product tab select Covered Product.
8. In the Counter subtab, select Product, right click -> counter setup, enter an initial value for the reading.
9. Click OK, right click select Counter Capture New Reading.
10. Enter new reading (greater value than the initial reading).
11. Go to Pricing/Product subtab and select net value from the LOV of the Reading field.
12. Submit for approval.
13. Approve and Sign Contract.
14. Run Service Contracts Main Billing.
15. After the Main billing completes, select the request log button to review the log
16. The value of l_init= 0 and the Amount of the contract includes pricing for the initial reading as well as the net reading.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document