In Absence Create/Delete/Update Business Event Fires When Next Button Is Pressed For Leave Of Absence
Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Workflow,Approval,Common Funct
Business Event for Create/Update/Delete absence getting triggered when Next button is pressed rather then Submit button.
Expecting the Business Events for Absence not be triggered ONLY when the Create/Update/Delete absence transaction is Submitted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to 'Workflow Administrator Web (New)' responsibility.
2. Click on Administrator Workflow -> Business Events
3. Enable following Business Events:
Create Person Absence (Name: oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.create_person_absence)
Delete Person Absence (Name: oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.delete_person_absence)
Update Person Absence (Name: oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.update_person_absence)
4. Click on Subscription icon for each above business events and associate it with custom subscription to capture the data when business event triggers.
Click on the Subscription icon for oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.create_person_absence
Action Type: Custom
On Error: Skip and Continue
Click Next button.
In the Update Event Subscription: Custom Page select the following Action Details:
PL/SQL Rule Function: fct_all_from_loa_be ---- This is the custom PL/SQL function to be called when Business Event triggers.
Workflow Process: HR_GENERIC_APPROVAL_PRC
Under the Documentation Region:
Owner Tag: PER
Owner Name: Human Resources
Click Apply button.
Similarly create subscription for oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.delete_person_absence and oracle.apps.per.api.person_absence.update_person_absence business event.
5. Login as employee and navigate to 'Employee Self-Service' responsibility
6. Select Absence Management function.
7. Click on Create Absence Button.
8. Enter details in 'Create Absence: Enter Absence Details' page, click Next button.
9. The Business Event is getting triggered. Expecting the business event(s) to triggered ONLY when the Leave is Submitted.
10.Similarly the business event for Update, Delete is getting triggered when the Next button is clicked (Page before Review Page).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms