Failed to update contact: ORA-20001: Unable to update user - When Trying To Change the Supplier Email Address On The Update Contact Page
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal (Supplier Registration), Release 12.2.4, an error occurs on the Update Contact page when trying to change the supplier email address from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com.
Due to this issue, supplier users cannot have a different email address specified on their contact record.
Failed to update contact: ORA-20001: Unable to update user XXTEST0123@GMAIL.COM with userid 38325 for the following reason: Unabled to call fnd_ldap_wrapper.update_user due to the following reason: ORA-20001: Unabled to call fnd_ldap_wrapper.update_user due to the following reason: An unexpected error occurred. Please contact your System Administrator. (USER_NAME=XXTESTUSER@COMPANY.COM). (USER_NAME=XXTESTUSER@COMPANY.COM)
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. The supplier fills out the prospective supplier registration information.
2. The supplier user is approved by the business.
3. On the Update Supplier page, click the Contact Directory link.
4. On the Update Supplier - Contact Directory link, select the supplier contact (supplier user) to update.
5. On the Update Contact page, in the Email Address field, change the value from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com, and click the Apply button. The error occurs at this point.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms