Last updated on MAY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite 12.2 User Management, API, Data Model, Tech Infrastructure related issues
After the creation of a new role, a grant is created for the role but does not save successfully.
A system generated message is received indicating the grant was successfully created, but the grant does not show as available under the new role on the create grants page.
For example the issue has been reported via the following navigation paths:
1. Functional Administrator
2. Application Administration -> Security
3. Objects Permissions Permission Sets tabs
1. User management -> Role and Role inheritance
2. Create a role
3. Create a grant
4. Save the changes
5. Grant doesn't show up
1. Create a role NEW_RESPONSIBILITY, and grant it access to a concurrent request instance set FND_CONCURRENT_REQUEST_VIEW_ALL%
2. Re-query the role NEW_RESPONSIBILITY, and confirm the grant does not show as available for instance set FND_CONCURRENT_REQUEST_VIEW_ALL%
Users can save the grant for the role, but when querying the role again it does not appear as expected.
As a workaround the system administrator can give the new role to a user via User Management, but the new user cannot give the role to another user as the grant option is not there.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms