Exchange Gain and Exchange Loss are derived on one account when posted in Summary with different CCIDs
(Doc ID 2267596.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.6 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Posting Exchange Gain and Exchange Loss to Subledger Accounting the accounts are being combined into one Code Combination when
Code Combinations are different. Each Code Combination should have its own line in the xla_ae_lines table.
Primary Ledger Exchange Gain loss generated on 2 separate entries with different CCID's
Secondary Combined these 2 entries into 1 entry .
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Receivables, Vision Operations (USA)
Generated 2 invoices with Foreign Currency.
Applied 1 receipt to the 2 invoices so that I application would have an
Exchange Gain and 1 application would have an Exchange Loss.
Each Exchange Gain and Exchange Loss as their own CCID.
See entries in the ar_distributions_all.
When posting in Summary entries are combined into 1 CCID which should not
happen as these each have different CCID's.
Generated 2 Invoices in CAD Currency
1. Invoice 14198 exchange rate 1.01 (CTID 797082) 100.00
2. Invoice 14199 exchange rate 1.20 (CTID 797083) 200.00
Generated 1 Receipt in CAD Currency for 500.00
3. Receipt Number: Secondary Exchange Test 2: exchange rate 1.10
Receipt Amount: 500 Currency CAD (CRID 173471)
4. Applied Receipt to both Invoices
5. This Generated offsetting entries with different CCID's for the
Exchange Gain and Exchange Loss
6. Ran Create Accounting posting in Summary Mode.
LOV: Create Accounting
Run for the period in question.
1. Submit a Single Request, and pick Create Accounting
2. Enter Required Parameters
3. Click OK to run the report
7. Entries were combined in Receipt Diagnostic in xla_ae_lines
These Exchange gain/loss accounts should have been posted separately.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document