12.2.6: PA_EVENT_PUB.Update_event does not update completion_date for an event associated with Cancelled Invoice
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Billing - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Revenue
When attempting to update the Completion Date for a cancelled Event, the API, PA_EVENT_PUB.Update_event does not update the completion date values.
However, the same is allowed when using the Events form.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an event in Projects Billing with Revenue amount as 0 and Bill Amount >0 with Completion date as Sysdate. This can be created manually.
2. Submit PRC: Generate Draft Invoices for Single Project to generate draft Invoice for the created billing event.
3. Approve and Release the Draft Invoice and interface it to AR via PRC: Interface Invoices to Receivable and Auto Invoice Import programs.
4. Go back to Invoice Review form and query for this Invoice.
5. Click on Credit button and select Cancel Invoice option. This will create a Credit Note to reverse full amount from the earlier created Invoice. Also, the billed flag on the event created earlier will be unticked.
6. Try to update the Completion Date on this event via API. API will exit without updating the date.
7. Try to update the Completion Date on this event via Events Form, system will allow this update.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms