Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Country of Origin (COO)
The movement statistics (MTL_movement_statistics) does not take in account the Country of Origin (COO) for a Purchase Order (PO) receipt.
The movement statistics should be based on the Country of Origin on a PO receipt and not the supplier address.
1. Navigate to Purchasing > Purchase Order :
- Create a Purchase Order for an Operating Unit in France
- Specify the supplier and site in France.
2. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Receipts :
- Receive the material
- Specify the Country of Origin as Belgium.
3. Navigate to Inventory > Requests > Run :
- Run the movement statistics report.
4. Review the movement results :
- No movement shows on the purchase order receipt.
- In this example, the users in France must declare all the goods coming from other European countries.
If the supplier has its address in France, but ships from another European country, the movement statistics are not calculated in the application.
In reality, the material did cross borders so movement should be tracked.
- The issue impacts the finance dept because they are the ones that need to provide this report to authorities each month. Wrong reporting can result in costly penalties.
- It also costs time to manually correct reports.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms