Last updated on MAY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Asset activities cannot be created from a work order if the locations of BOM items are only partially identified - i.e. the subinventories are identified, but not the locators.
Activity creation from work orders is successful only when both subinventory and locator are included in the work order BOM, or when both subinventory and locator are excluded from the work order BOM.
Because subinventories are only identified, the only way to create activities from work orders is by excluding the material in the copy process, and then adding the material manually to the activity, which is a great inconvenience.
The following error occurs when the process fails:
Could not create the activity. Please refer to log for details.
Be able to create an activity from a work order if the BOM identifies subinventory, but not locator
The current workaround is to create an activity by copying a work order without including materials as part of the copy. Then add the materials manually to the activity BOM.
Users always use a work order to create an activity. The desired functionality is to have the ability to include work order materials in the new activity, regardless of the whether there are locators.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management.
2. Navigation: Work Orders -> Work Orders.
3. Query work order.
4. Go to Material Requirements.
5. Work Order having BOM with no subinventory and locator identified:
6. Go to Activity Workbench.
7. Activity creation from the work order is successful.
8. Go back to Work Order Material Requirements and only enter Subinventory (i.e. leave locator blank).
9. Now, go to Create Activity form.
10. Try to create a new activity for same work order but receive this error:
"Could not create the activity. Please refer to the log for details."
11. Go back Work Order Material Requirements and add locator in addition to the subinventory.
12. Go to Create Activity form.
13. Try to create a new activity for same work order. This worked successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms