Over Picking (Allocation) Happening While Performing Pick Release For Sales Order
(Doc ID 2273182.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While doing Pick Release, system has been allocating more than the Sales Order Quantity.
Expect the system to Allocate quantity equal to Sales Order Quantity
The issue is not consistently reproducible but when happens the following were the steps followed :
1. Create an Lot Controlled Item rs_op5
Primary UOM = Pounds ,
Sec UOM = Each,
Defaulting = Fixed,
Tracking = Primary & Sec
Lot Control = FULL,
Control =Shelf Life days,
Shelf days = 361,
Lot Divisible = Yes
Lot Statsu Enabled = Yes (Default = Active)
2. In the Org parameters, set Allocate Lot = Yes and
Enable Rules override for Lot reservations = Yes
3. Create a new Pick Strategy
SEQ 10: Rule 1: Source Subinventory, Subinventory Name = RS_CASE (create a rule which fail to allocate)
SEQ 20: Rule 2: Seeded default Pick rule
4. Perform Misc Receipt for a Qty = 18000 UOM = LB in subinventory / Locator = CASE/C5.1.1
Enter Lot# = RS130. Accept the default values for the secondary Qty
5. Created a SO 69931 for qty = 10800, UOM = LB and book it.
6. Create a Manual Reservation at lot level for Qty = 180 and Enter Lot# =RS130. Save it
7. Run Pick release for the Order 69931
Notice that the allocation happened for Qty = 10980 when the SO requested quantity = 10800
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document