Last updated on JUNE 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a new operation to a work order which has an existing operation linked to a resource who is no longer an employee, the following error occurs.
Data Conflict: Please select a valid department and equipment combination. Department Zone 1 does not contain equipment Peluso, Adam B.
The functionality used to work at some point. It seems that some patch(es) broke the functionality.
The 'Debrief Work Order' page still works as expected, so users are expecting the 'Update Work Order' page to work same way as the 'Debrief Work Order' page.
Users are currently using the 'Debrief Work Order' page as a workaround to update such work orders, but they really need to be able to use the 'Update Work Order' page instead.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Maintenance Super User.
2. Click on Work Orders tab.
3. Query released work order with resource which is not a valid employee.
4. Click on Update Work Order button.
5. Try to add new operation for a resource which is a valid employee.
6. Receive the aforementioned error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms