12.2 E-Business Suite Workflow Notifications Icon Shows Inconsistent Behavior For The Worklist Notification Link With Different Settings In The Preferences Header Display Options
(Doc ID 2276872.1)
Last updated on JUNE 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite 12.2 Workflow, Workflow Administration Issues
For any new Notification, the Worklist icon at the Top of Homepage shows the number 1 for a new notification.
After placing the mouse cursor on the icon, the notification pop-up opens up with name and subject under "My Worklist".
From the pop-up, the notification can be opened by clicking on either the name or subject.
If the settings are changed to General preferences->Visual->Page Header Display Style-> "Links Only", then the pop-up opens the notification on "My Worklist" via Subject only (not name).
For all the settings under General preferences->Visual->Page Header Display Style i.e "Links Only", "Icons Only" and "Both Links and Icon" , the behavior should be the same.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Trigger any new Notification
2. Check the Bell Sign at the Top of Home Page shows a 1 sign for new notification.
3. If mouse is rolled over this, then Notification Pop-up kind opens up which will have name and subject under "My Worklist".
4. The notification can be opened if clicked anywhere either name or subject.
5. In general preferences-->Visual-->Page Header Display Style--> if "Links Only" option is selected, then the Pop-window containing the "My Worklist" will open only if clicked on Subject (and not on name).
Due to this issue, different users with different display settings see an inconsistency in the available functionality.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document