Termination Initiated from Home Page Ends in Error
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Management
When attempting to initiate termination by searching the contract from Home Page,
the following error occurs.
You have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the System Administrator for assistance.
Click here for exception details.
However, when the query for the same contract is done from the Customers Tab or the Operations tab and then initiate a termination, the process works fine.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Use 'Lease Super User' responsibility
2. Click on 'Lease'
3. This take the user to the 'Home Page'
4. On top of the screen, there is an option to search for a contract
5. Select a Contract in the Search LOV - and then click on 'Go'
6. This open up the Customers > Contracts page
7. In the Action LOV, select 'Quote for Modifications' and click on Go, the error is displayed.
8. If the contract search is done in Customers tab or Operations tab then quote for modification does not error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms