Incorrect CST_COST_GROUPS Records That Has Duplicate Cost Group Are Created
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a special procedure, incorrect cst_cost_groups records that has duplicate Cost Group Name are created.
In normal procedure, the creation using duplicate Cost Group Name is prevented by "The cost group XXXXX already exists" error.
Incorrect cst_cost_groups records that has duplicate Cost Group Name should be always prevented in order to prevent choosing the incorrect cost group id from the cost manager.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enter Cost Group : AABB in Cost Group form.
- Click Accounts field.
- Click (B)WIP Accounting Classes.
- Enter WIP Accounting Class.
- Click "X" icon on WIP Accounting Classes For Cost Group window.
- Press "Under" key of keyboard.
- Pop-up message "Do you want to save the changes you have made?", then press "No".
- Enter Cost Group to same value : AABB (as same value).
- Click Save icon in tool bar.
- Following error occurs.
FRM-40400: Transaction complete: 2 records applied and saved.
- Created duplicate records with same COST_GROUP in cst_cost_groups
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms