Last updated on JUNE 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Purchasing, Purchase Order PO created from a Purchase Requisition that is created in functional currency and that is sourced from a Contract Purchase Agreement CPA created in foreign currency does not take the currency information from the CPA.
- Create an item test_1 in Inventory User responsibility > Master Items form
- In Purchasing Super User responsibility > Setup > Financials > Currency Setup, setup a currency conversion between CNY and USD with a default rate type (default rate type is setup in purchasing options)
- Create a CPA with CNY currency
- Create Approved Supplier List ASL for item test_1 with the contract (CPA) as source document using the auto-release creation method "Using autocreate to release"
- Setup CREATEPO workflow attributes to autocreate PO after requisition approved as follows:
a) SEND_CREATEPO_TO_BACKGROUND for item_type = 'REQAPPRV' set to N
b) AUTOCREATE_DOC for item_type = 'CREATEPO' set to Y
c) CONT_WF_FOR_AC_REL_GEN for item_type = 'CREATEPO' set to Y
d) USE_CONTRACT_FLAG for item_type = 'CREATEPO' set to Y
--Note: Setting of attributes above can be accomplished using SQL update statement of wf_item_attributes table (refer to example in <Note 1337209.1>) or using Workflow Builder (refer to example in <Note 460003.1>)
- Create a purchase requisition with test_1 and the supplier used in the contract, currency leave as functional currency 'USD'
- Approved the requisition
- PO will also get created (by CREATEPO workflow) for the requisition line
- Created PO has currency = 'USD' instead of 'CNY'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms