Pricing Engine Performance Issue After R12 Upgrade
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Pricing, Discounting & Charges
Pricing Engine Performance issue after R12 upgrade
- We have a custom wrapper from where we are calling pricing engine API, This API behaving strangely in R12.
- Issue here is when it is getting invoked with around 300-400 item, then the response time is too high i.e 10-15 mins where as in 11i it is taking around 2-4 mins.
- We have compared the trace files from both the environment and have found several JTF tables are getting called in R12 where as they are not present in 11i trace.
- So please check and let us know what is the difference between two API and how we can minimize this performance issue.
- We have attached the trace from 11i and R12 as well. In the attached trace SOTCPROD and SOTCUAT are referring to our R12 instance and PDV1 referring to our 11i instance.
Expect performance to be better in 11i.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Run Service - APPS.MHE_ESP_FRT_CALC_WITHMOD_PKG.MHE_ESP_FREIGHT_CALC_MAIN_PR
- This is freight service being called for 300+ items.17-18 minutes in 12.2 instance.
In 11i, it took 7 minutes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms