A Course Is Considered Prerequisite For Another Even If Is Closed!
Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 RUP6
One course AB002 is mandatory prerequisite for another course AB001
The course AB002 is not used anymore and has to be closed.
After that, AB002 is not anymore prerequisite for AB001.
When new learner is enroll in course AB001 there is a warning message
The learner has not completed one or more mandatory course or competency prerequisites for this course
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. (N) Learning management administrator responsibility
2. Catalog -> search course AB001 -> click on Prerequisites
3. We can see that course AB002 is Prerequisites for course AB001
4. End date course AB001
5. Go back to Catalog -> search course AB001 -> click on Prerequisites -> There is no Prerequisites
6. Enroll a new learner to course AB001
7. Warning message is raised
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, user is confused by warning message
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms