Duplicate Orders Are Created From MFS If The Part Order Has An Invalid Item
Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3
The MFS MP app will create an order for items even though some invalid items exist in the part requirement.
After the invalid item is corrected they create the order again, the application will again create the order for all items instead of just the items that were invalid.
This causes a duplicate order for the items that were valid.
Expect that the order will not be created unless all items are valid and that only one order will be created
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into OMFS MP App.
2. Click on Open Tasks Filter.
3. Click on a Task#.
4. Click on Parts Order.
5. Click on Add Order.
6. Enter Line 1 = item1 (VALID) > Click the search icon. => Click on +
Enter Line 2 = item2 (INVALID) > Click the search icon => Sorry, No
matching items found foritem2 returns. => Click on +
Enter Line 3 = item3 (VALID) => Click on +
Enter Line 4 = item4 (INVALID)
7. Save button is clicked and receive error "Enter Part Number" with no indication that an order was created or which part line item could be invalid.
8. Correct line 2
9. Save button is clicked again after the line 2 change and receive error
"Enter Part Number" with no indication that an order was created or which part line could be bad or invalid?
10.Correct line 4
11. Save button is clicked again and finally receive message "All Part Requirement(s) are created successfully.
12. Now look at Orders under the task and now I have 3 new order numbers, the first order containing only Line 1 (because Line 2 was
invalid), the 2nd order containing item Lines, 1, 2 and 3 (because Line 4 was invalid), and finally the 3rd order containing all 4 line items.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms