Cannot Return Assembly Serial Number Against a Discrete Job Due To ORIGINAL_WIP_ENTITY_ID Field Being NULL In MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS table.
Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On INV - Oracle Inventory Management 12.1.3 version, LOTSERATT
After applying some patches like <Patch 22611859> and WMS RUP 16 (<Patch R12.WMS.B.delta.16>), observed that the ORIGINAL_WIP_ENTITY_ID is no longer being populated for issued serial components against wip jobs.
Because of this, these serials cannot be returned to subinventories.
Applied RPC 5 (<Patch 20234231:12.1.0>) and <Patch 22912264> but issue still reproducing.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Manufacturing and Distribution Manager
2. WIP > Material Transactions >
3. WIP Assembly Completion (for backflush) form OR WIP Material Issue (for manual wip issue) form.
4. Issue serial component against job
6. Try to return the specific serial... SN is not in the LOV.
7. Query the SN in MSN table. Observed that original_wip_entity_id is NULL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms