Duplicate Item Id Causing Item Code To Get Updated Unexpectedly
(Doc ID 2285183.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the instance, if there are some items with the same item numbers but different item ids, when update some part of items with a specific item id by Import Items, if insert rows with both non-null inventory_item_id and
non-null item number columns into table MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE, after import items, all of the items with the same item number as inputting item number of inserted rows would be updated.
if inputted inventory_item_id is not null and valid, it would lead all orgs items' updating, not lead by inputted item number.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create 2 items(ITEM1, ITEM2) in master items form, then assign them into some child org items.
- In db side, update the item number of some of the org items ITEM1 into ITEM2(including master org item).
- Then for the ITEM1(the same item id) items, some part of items with the item number ITEM2, some of them still have the item number ITEM1, but all of them have the same item id.
- Insert a row into table MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_INTERFACE like below
- Run the Import Items concurrent program(Inventory -> Items -> Import -> Import Items) with parameters(All orgs: Yes; Validate Items: Yes;)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document