Email Notification gets two Attachments Instead Of One if there is record with same media id in the long text attachment table and short text attachment table
(Doc ID 2286463.1)
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite 12.2 Workflow, Workflow Mailer Outbound Processing related issues
E-Business Suite Workflow Java Mailer Email Notifications have two attachments instead of one, when there are records with same media id in both the long text and short text attachment tables.
The following two tables are involved when two attachments get added to an email notification:
Short Text Base Table: FND_DOCUMENTS_SHORT_TEXT
Long Text Base Table: FND_DOCUMENTS_LONG_TEXT
The issue can be replicated with following steps, using Expense Report Notifications as an example:
Short Text Base Table : FND_DOCUMENTS_SHORT_TEXT
MEDIA_ID Sequence for short text : FND_DOCUMENTS_SHORT_TEXT_S
Long Text Base Table : FND_DOCUMENTS_LONG_TEXT
MEDIA_ID Sequence for long text : FND_DOCUMENTS_LONG_TEXT_S
The issue can be reproduced via the following steps:
1. Identify the current value of the FND_DOCUMENTS_SHORT_TEXT_S.
2. Add one to the value received in step1 (for eg current value fetches 10000, then the next value is 10000+1=10001)
3. Check in the long text attachment table if there is any record via the following select statement:
select * from FND_DOCUMENTS_LONG_TEXT_S where media_id=<step2 value>--For eg: 10001
4. If a value exists create an expense report by adding an attachment at the expense line level (not at the header level).
5. Check the email notification after submitting the expense report.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document