While Upgrading To 12.2, Errored "could not find program unit being called: "APPS.WMS_RULE_GEN_PKGS""
(Doc ID 2287392.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Forms/iAS/Database patching issues --- upgrading to 12.2, while upgrading to 12.2 I got an error on wmsgrlspecn.sql
ORA-04063 - ORA-06508
sqlplus -s APPS/***** @/u01/oracle/GTSTST/fs1/EBSapps/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/sql/adsqlwrapper.sql '/u01/oracle/GTSTST/fs1/EBSapps/appl/wms/12.0.0/patch/115/sql/wmsgrlspecn.sql &un_apps'
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04063: package body "APPS.WMS_RULE_GEN_PKGS" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
ORA-06512: at line 124
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
While following Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide Release 12.0 and 12.1 to 12.2, Part Number E73540-01 from the section: Performing the Upgrade to Release 12.2.0 on the following step:
1. Disable AOL Audit Trail (conditional)
2. Shut down application tier listeners and concurrent managers (required)
3. Update init.ora with upgrade parameters (required)
4. Set FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS to UNLIMITED for Oracle E-Business Suite schema
5. Disable custom triggers, constraints, indexes, business events, and VPD (conditional)
6. Back up the database (recommended)
7. Ensure that Maintenance Mode is enabled (required)
a. Source the applications run file system environment file as found in the fs1 file system appl_top.
b. From the AD Administration Main Menu, choose the Change Maintenance Mode option.
c. The Change Maintenance Mode menu displays the current Maintenance Mode status at the top of the page. The status should be Disabled at this point.
d. Select Option 1, Enable Maintenance Mode.
8. Apply AD 12.2 upgrade driver (required)
9. Important: AD Upgrade Patch for 12.2 (patch 10117518) The worker activity that field belongs to the u_merged.drv driver was obtained by merging the main update driver with the preinstall patches.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document