Last updated on JULY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a contract is created from a Lease Application the Depreciation is not defaulting as expected.
Expect the Depreciation to default correctly, as it does in the Authoring UI when creating a contract manually there.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Lease Opportunity
2. Create a Lease Quote within the Lease Opportunity.
3. Validate and Price the Quote, then Calculate Tax if appropriate.
4. Submit and Accept the Quote.
5. Create a Lease Application from the Quote.
6. Submit the Lease Application to Credit.
7. Update the Case Folder in Credit Management to add
Recommendation of Approve.
8. Submit the Case Folder.
9. Navigate to the Lease Opportunity and
a. Select the Lease Application tab.
b. Click on the Lease Application Number to open the Lease Application.
c. Click Return to Lease Applications to leave the application.
d. Search for the Lease Application in the page that opens.
e. Select Create Contract from the list and click Go to create the contract.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users must correct the depreciation.
Unsure exactly what changes were responsible in causing this between 12.1.3 and 12.2.5.
The issue actually changed as it was being worked as patches were applied for other issues.
Initially the Depreciation was defaulting, but it was not correct.
Later no Depreciation was defaulting at all.
This fix should address either of those in 12.2.5.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms