Bug 25317791: Picking Rules Not Acknowledging Item Category Restrictions
(Doc ID 2290002.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Pick Release Process
We have defined a number of strategies and assigned them to the Rules Workbench, with the restriction of the Item Category being specified in the Rules Workbench. Running pick release, with Auto Allocate set to Yes, the correct strategy for a particular item is not being selected, as it should. This only happens when there are multiple items / order lines that are being allocated. If we run pick release for a sales order with only 1 order line, then the proper Strategy is being selected. This issue is similar to bug patch# 22598102. However, we are on WMS and INV RUP16, which has higher fixed file versions than the patch.
Expect the correct strategy to be selected, even when running pick release for multiple lines on an order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create appropriate rules and assign them to appropriate strategies, based on specific business rules.
2. Assign strategies to the Rules Workbench in proper order, and populate the required "Item Category" field in the in the Rules Workbench, also according to business rules.
3. Create an order with 2 order lines for 2 different items, each with a different category.
4. Run pick release, with Auto allocate set to Yes. Or set to No, then later allocate the move order manually, using the Transact Move Orders form.
5. Run Pick Release.
6. Research the outcome, to find that the correct strategy is not being chosen for each line.
The issue has the following business impact:
Correct strategies are not being used due to what appears, as the Item Category in the Rules Workbench is not being honored.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document