'Update Service Request' Page Does Not Display The Values For Additional Attributes
Last updated on JULY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Email Center - Version 12.2.6 and later
Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Other Components
Service Request with Extended Attributes are created from the 'Reply' page in Email Center and when the Service Request is opened via the 'Update' link none of the Extended Attributes are displayed.
But if the same SR is opned the Create SR Form, the values entered for the extended attributes are showing correctly.
If the Service Requests are opened via 'Update' link in email center, it should populate the values entered for the extended attributes in the Additional Attributes region.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Email Center Agent Console Responsibility. Open the ‘Home’ page
2. Click on a link in ‘Messages in Queue’ column.
3. Click on a ‘Subject’ to open an Email in the ‘Preview Email’ page
4. In the Preview Email page click on the ‘Accept & Reply’ button to open the ‘Reply’ page
5. In the ‘Reply’ page click on the Service Request ‘Create’ link to open the ‘Create Service Request’ page
6.Enter appropriate details for the SR including values for the Additional Attributes.
7.Click on ‘Apply’ to create the SR.
8.The SR is created without any errors.
9. Click on the ‘Update’ link to open the SR
10. The ‘Update Service Request’ page doesn’t hold any values for the Extended Attributes. (Few are mandatory attributes)
11. Do not make any changes and click on ‘Apply’. The following error message is displayed.
"Form validation failures. A value must be entered for 'what is your telephone number?' "
12. Close the ‘Update Service Request’ form by closing Internet Explorer.
13. Change responsibility to ‘Service’ and navigate to the Service Request by: Service Requests > Find Service Requests > Enter the SR number in the ‘Number’ field and click on the ‘Search’ button.
Click on the ‘Attributes’ button next to the ‘Problem Summary’ field.
14.The Service Request Attributes window is opened displaying the attributes that were entered in Email Center.
15.Click on ‘Cancel’ button to close the SR Attributes window. Click on the ‘Note Details’. The details are showing correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms