OLFM to Create the Receivable Activity “OKL Quote Cancellation”
(Doc ID 2292372.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version,
When testing the fix in Bug 24751839, it was observed that as part of writing off small balances once a contract is terminated, the receivables activity of "OKL Adjustment" is being used. This has been in place since 11i OKL G onwards.
At customer side, this receivable activity was used to write off small invoice balances on terminated or expired contracts. The down stream SLA accounting and Operational reporting is also been setup on this.
With the Bug 24751839 that was created when MEOT functionality came into play, customer realized a bug in the 'Small Balance Write Off Program' not invoking this receivables activity. Apart from this, customer also realized that this receivables activity has been used for Termination Quote Cancellation Program. Using the same receivables activity for both termination activities creates lot of confusion for users and SLA accounting.
Customer requests OLFM team to design a totally new receivables activity for OKL Termination Write-Off process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Take a Finance Lease (DFL) with T&C for "End of Term Purchase Option, Contract" as $1 Buyout in the Purchase Option type.
- Make sure the Contract End Date is less than Sysdate when the "Terminated Expired Contracts Program" is run.
- Create invoices and pay off all the rental invoices.
- Run the program "Terminated Expired Contract" so that contract status changes to "expired".
- Run OKL Billing request set so that invoice is generated for end of term purchase amount.
- Make sure the profile option "OKL: Small Balance Write-Off Tolerance" is set to $10.
- Run the program "Balance Writeoff for terminated and Expired Contracts" and expect the invoice created on Step 6 is picked for AR Adjustment process using "OKL Quote Cancellation" receivable activity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document