Word Document And Excel Attachments Are Not Rendering In Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle MES for Discrete Manufacturing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using MES and attempting to attach Word and Excel Attachments to a routing, the Word and Excel files open in new browsers.
Expect the same browser to be used
The problem can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = Bills Of Materials(BOM)
Navigation = Routings-> Routings
2. Create routing for org/assembly
3. Attach documents as Operation Attachments at Step 10 – one as a PDF and one as a Word document (Title = PDF Example and Word Example)
4. Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
Navigation = Discrete-> Discrete
Create Org/Job for the above assembly, Create a work order for the item with the attachments – ensure attachments are visible on WO operations
5. Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
Navigation = Job/Schedule Details-> Operations, org = 30
Find the job from step 4
attachments are visible under the job
6. Responsibility = Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Workstation
Choose Search Jobs in LOV
Find org/job from steps 4 and 5
7. Choose PDF example. Note that the PDF example fits well within the Instructions region. [The PDF works.]
8. Select Next to view the Word example.
9. Note that the following pop-up box appears. Clicking “Open” will open the file in a new browser.
The message is: 'What do you want to do with OA.Region.docx'
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use Exceland/or Word atachments
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms